1. All cars must meet general safety requirements as per the IHRA rule book.
2. All protective clothing required for the ET of your vehicle is mandatory. No one will be allowed on the track without all required protective clothing.
3. Must be 18 years or older unless a minor's release form is signed by both parents and witnessed by track official to compete in any event at Knoxville Dragstrip.
4. All drivers must have a valid state drivers license to compete in any event (except in JR Dragster class 8 - 16 years old).
5. Any driver caught consuming alcoholic beverages or drugs before or during competition, will be disqualified.
6. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises at any time, by anyone.
7. Insurance regulations permit driver only- no passengers.
8. Un-sportsmanlike conduct by driver and/or crew member will be grounds for disqualification.
9. Only one crew member can accompany a car into the burnout area. Must be 14 years or older and have a signed insurance release. 14-17 years old must have a release form signed by both parents and witnessed by track official.
10. No one permitted to touch car during burnout.
11. No burnouts allowed anywhere except in the burnout area.
12. The speed limit is 10 M.P.H. on return road and 10 M.P.H. in the pit area past the ET shack.
13. No refunds on entry fees or admission. May be eligible for brake pass during time trials ONLY. Brake pass will be minus $15 fee.
14. Crossing the centerline and/or dangerous driving, whether on track, return road or pit area, will be grounds for an immediate disqualification.
15. For down track safety reason, the tail light rule is Mandatory - NO Exceptions.
16. Lane choice will be determined by the lane you pull up in. Dash For Cash winners will be decided by closest to the dial in. If there is a tie it will be decided by the best reaction time.
17. The car that has the best reaction time on the last round of time trials will receive the bye-run for the first round of eliminations. Then whoever has the best reaction time after that. If there is a tie it will be decided by closest dial in.
18. Any driver caught changing lanes and/or laying back attempting to change or pick his/her competition will be paired by track officials at time of infraction. 18b. No switching lanes in staging lanes.
19. All cars must report to staging PROMPTLY when called. It is the drivers' responsibility to listen for the P.A. announcements. Any car not reporting will be considered broke and out of competition.
20. Track allows 15 minute cool down time for each car in competition, until the classes get down to 8 cars, then we will go to round robin.
21. No backing in to stage beam. The last staging motion MUST be forward. Deep Staging Allowed, but not guaranteed. Must be on both passenger side and driver side windows.
22. Any kind of leaking substance from participants vehicle is grounds for disqualification.
23. No excessive braking at the finish line in attempting not to run under dial in. First offense will be a warning with second offense leading to disqualification. If car touches centerline or boundary wall before or after finish line due to excessive braking in attempt not to run under dial-in during eliminations car will be automatically disqualified and opponent put back into eliminations.
24. Start burnouts at bleach box. No dragging water excessively from the bleach box.
25. Dial-ins must be CLEAR and LEGIBLE to the tower and maybe changed between rounds.
26. Dial-ins must be displayed by the time the car reaches head of staging lanes.
27. Check your dial-in on the score board BEFORE you stage. Once a car is pre-staged the DRIVER has excepted track conditions and dial-ins (RIGHT OR WRONG). There will not be any re-runs. NOTE: DRIVERS WITH CROSS OVER BOXES MUST CHECK BOTH SCOREBOARDS.
28. All drivers are required to attend drivers meetings.
29. Courtesy staging is in effect for ALL classes. Tree is activated by auto-start.
30. Any car using nitrous oxide must wear fire retardant jackets.
31. No one under 16 years old will be permitted to use motorized vehicles (ATV's) All pit support vehicles must have car # and abide by track rules, speed limit etc...(kids not allowed to ride bicycles in pit area) Any individuals caught breaking these rules will result in the competitor to be disqualified.
32. All drivers must sign for run card (DRIVER ONLY)
33. Time trials will not be allowed during eliminations NO exceptions.
34. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to refuse anyone for any reason at any time.
35. All cars have to have a hood or breather - All Races
36. No Deep Staging in Outlaw Heads Up Races
37. If you buy two tech cards for the same car, there has to be two drivers. One driver can buy two tech cards & drive two different cars.
38. Double entries 1 car two drivers, 2 cars one driver; except as noted at big buck races.
39. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to check any car at any time for any illegal devices as noted in track rules or by IHRA. If any devices are found on car, or determined they have been on the car, it will result in immediate disqualification from the event and car will be subject to inspection before being allowed to compete in future events.
40. If a driver wants to file a protest to have another competitor's vehicle checked for illegal devices a protest will have to be filed with the tower in writing describing what is being protested and a $100 protest fee will have to be paid before car is checked. While car is being checked only track officials, the protester, and the driver/owner of car being protest will be allowed to be present.
41. Break passes will only be given if car has broke before staging for the 2nd time run. Break passes can only be used once per season and will be charged spectator fee when break pass is used.
42. Time Runs and Qualifying will be side by side. If stacked up front to back in lanes staging lane official will instruct you which lane to pull into. This will be done to run events in a more timely manner. Also refusal to pull in to lane as directed by official will result in loss of that run.
43. Summit Super Series Points. 10pts to show up, 10 per round win, 6 bonus points for race win, 3 bonus points for race r/u. We will drop a max of 2 races from your final total, excluding rainouts. (ex. if you race all 13 races your best 11 will count. If you run 11 races out of 13, all 11 would count.)
44. Max dail in in Pro Class is 9.00 per Summit Team Finals rules.
-----2018 HEADS UP RULES-----
HEADS UP GENERAL RULES **Must qualify with class for run to count **Must stage under power for run to count **Must take tree under power on bye run **Bye runs will run at end of class **no deep staging **courtesy staging enforced **must come to lanes when called, when final pair are past head of staging the round is closed **no testing during race **must be 16 with valid driver’s license to operate pit vehicle **5 crew per car allowed on line only when your car is in water box or on the line **no standing in front of or sitting on guard rail ***RACE DIRECTOR HAS FINAL CALL***
INDEX RULES 7.00 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .500 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after 1st rd by reaction time
6.00 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after 1st rd by reaction time
4.70 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after first rd by closest to index
5.30 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro Ladder Lane choice after first rd by reaction time
5.70 No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree
PRO STREET/LDR .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds SAFETY SFI -5 jacket, pants, gloves required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan mandatory Must have working tail light BODY: The car must retain its original appearance, profiles and dimensions. No aftermarket one-piece bodies. OEM door jamb and quarter panels must be used. No modified front ends to achieve maximum NHRA/IHRA overhang, must stay within original body dimensions. Must retain factory body lines with removable composite components as in hood, front bumper, front fenders, doors and deck lid. Any beam tripping devices forward of the bumper are prohibited. Aftermarket front bumpers (“Ex. Snowplows or Valances”) cannot have more than 2 inches of overhang over the stock bumper dimensions, failure to abide by this rule will result in disqualification. Aftermarket wings and spoilers are permitted. A hood must be used; scoop or hood must cover entire induction system. Exceptions are throttle bodies or carburetors on naturally aspirated and nitrous oxide assisted engines along with intake manifolds/throttle bodies on boosted engines. Those may protrude through the hood for clearance, if needed. Forward facing hood scoops/turbocharger/supercharger inlets are permitted. OEM/Lexan windows are permitted. Front ends must be within the spirit of the rules and legality is at the discretion of the race director. Firewall must be in the stock location; stock firewall can be modified. CHASSIS Door cars only, no pro mod or full tube chassis. Backhalf style cars are permitted. No Wheelie Bars. Any rear suspension is permitted. Factory front frame rails are mandatory, they can be modified and must extend to the center of the front spindle. Aftermarket front KMembers are permitted, must bolt in the factory location. Factory equipped 'bolt-in' subframe cars are permitted an aftermarket bolt-on front end (Ex., Smith Racecraft) for '62-'74 Nova and '67-'81 Camaro/Firebird, must bolt in. Factory wheelbase for year/make/model must be maintained, (+/- 1 inch). A minimum height of 3 inches from the front of the vehicle to 12 inches behind front spindle center line is mandatory. A minimum height of 2 inches for the rest of the vehicle is mandatory (except for oil pan and headers). ENGINE/POWER ADDERS: No cubic inch limit for any naturally aspirated or power adder combination. All engines must have a diaper, belly pan or oil retention device. Nitrous oxide is permitted to run any type multi-stage nitrous system with no restrictions. Nitrous entries must have bottle securely contained in a bottle bracket. Maximum bore spacing for all boosted combinations is 5.000 or less. Turbocharger combinations are limited to a single turbocharger at an 118mm maximum, small block and big block. Billet engine block and billet cylinder heads combination will carry extra weight addition, addressed below in the weight additions/reductions section. Maximum size on all twin turbocharged combinations are 88mm, small block and big block. Maximum exhaust wheel measurements for 88mm twin turbocharged combinations is 103.5mm, anything over that dimension will be deemed illegal. Turbochargers will be verified by measuring the housing bore at the leading edge of the impeller wheel and must retain the contour of the compressor housing, stepped or clipped compressor wheels are prohibited. Inserts or reducers to achieve inlet or outlet dimensions are prohibited. Supercharger combinations are limited to a single centrifugal supercharger at a F3-139 maximum, small block and big block. Maximum size on all twin centrifugal supercharged combinations is base F1X, (F1X-12 is prohibited). Roots superchargers are restricted to a 14-71 maximum. Screw superchargers are prohibited. Dual power adders are strictly prohibited. ELECTRICAL: All entries must be self-starting from inside the vehicle. A master cut-off switch is mandatory on the rear of the car with an on/off sticker. Any electronic ignition system is allowed, see below for weight additions/reductions. Computer/Data Recorders are permitted. EXHAUST: Mufflers or inserts are required on all cars except for turbo cars. Exhaust may exit underneath car or out the front fenders/valance but must not affect timing or staging beams. CO2 SYSTEM AND LINE: The first TWO feet (minimum) of the line coming from the CO2 bottle must be 1/4" plastic line with push-locks. No braided steel lines direct from the CO2 bottle to ensure no nitrous oxide is being used. Braided steel line may be used after the first two feet of plastic/push-lock line to protect the line running through the firewall and/or around exhaust system. INTERCOOLER: Any intercooler is permitted on gasoline combinations only. Must be securely mounted to chassis or mounts with preferred hardware. Water box must be contained in a safe environment with a top to enclose water/ice during the run. Intercooler combined with a methanol fueled combination is prohibited. TRANSMISSION/DRIVELINE: Any transmission permitted. Any converter permitted. Lock-Up Transmission/Converter setups are permitted on naturally aspirated and nitrous oxide combinations only, prohibited on turbocharger or supercharger combinations. FUEL: Any gasoline, E85 or M1 permitted. M5 is prohibited. No nitromethane or additives. WHEELS/TIRES: Any brand 275/60/15 Drag Radial. Mickey Thompson 295/65/15 Drag Radial (PN: 3558) and Hoosier 295/65/15 DR2 (PN: 17316DR2) will be the legal tire options for the 'big' tire option. Nitrous oxide combinations can run any tire at base weight, no weight penalty on nitrous cars for the big tire. Any 481X/HEMI or Any Hemispherical Headed Combination equipped with single turbocharger, twin turbochargers or centrifugal supercharger(s) must be on a 275/60/15 drag radial, no big tire option for that engine/power adder combination. Must stay on the same tire throughout the entire event. This officially makes Limited Drag Radial a DOT tire class in 2018. WEIGHTS: All weights are minimum with driver in car. NATURALLY ASPIRATED: - Small Block - No Minimum - Big Block - No Minimum NITROUS OXIDE: - Small Block - 2,200 lbs. - Big Block (4.840 Bore, Any Transmission) - 2,550 lbs. - Big Block (5.000 Bore, Any Transmission) - 2,700 lbs. - Big Block (5.000+ Bore, No Lockup Transmission) - 2,850 lbs. - Big Block (5.000+ Bore, Lockup Transmission) – 2,900 lbs. TURBOCHARGER: - Small Block, Single Turbo - 2,850 lbs. - Small Block, Twin Turbo - 3,000 lbs. - Big Block, Single Turbo - 3,100 lbs. - Big Block, Twin Turbo – 3,225 lbs. SUPERCHARGER: - Small Block, Roots - 2,750 lbs. - Big Block, Roots – 2,900 lbs. - Small Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F1 or Equivalent) - 2,800 lbs. - Small Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F2 or Equivalent) - 2,825 lbs. - Small Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F3 or Equivalent) - 2,850 lbs. - Small Block, Twin Centrifugal - 3,000 lbs. - Big Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F1 or Equivalent) - 3,050 lbs. - Big Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F2 or Equivalent) - 3,100 lbs. - Big Block, Single Centrifugal (ProCharger F3 or Equivalent) - 3,150 lbs. - Big Block, Twin Centrifugal - 3,250 lbs. WEIGHT ADDITIONS/REDUCTIONS: - 100 lb. Weight Addition for the 295/65/15 ‘Big’ Tire Option, (MT 3558 or Hoosier 17316DR2). - 100 lb. Weight Addition for 481X/HEMI or Hemispherical Headed BBC/BBF. - 50 lb. Weight Addition for Any ALL Billet Boosted (Turbo or Supercharger) Combination (Heads and Block), other than HEMI or 481X. - 481X, HEMI and Any Hemispherical Headed Engine must be on 275 Drag Radials if power adder is single turbocharger, twin turbocharger or any centrifugal supercharger(s) combination. - 25 lb. Weight Reduction for Conventional Headed BBC Combinations on Gasoline. - 50 lb. Weight Reduction for Centrifugal Supercharger Combination on Gasoline. - 50 lb. Weight Reduction for Leaf Spring Rear Suspension. *** Rules from LimitedDragRadial.com N/T CARS WELCOMED
CHEAP STREET .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds Max tire 275 radial or 28/10.5 SAFETY SFI -5 jacket, pants, gloves required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan recommended Must have working tail light CHASSIS No full tube chassis Funny car cage recommended Fiberglass limited to doors, trunk, hood, fenders, bumpers. Unless OEM Aftermarket bolt on front clip allowed Front suspension components must mount in factory location. Must have Mufflers (except turbo cars) Must have factory frame rails front to back (notching and mini tub ok) No wheelie bars Forward facing scoop allowed Ladder bars allowed Aftermarket 4 link allowed WEIGHT NITROUS SB 2850 SB 15/18 2750 SB 20/23 RR 2700 SB 20/23 SVA 2650 BB 3100 *conventional head only* N/A SB 2600 BB 2800 -50 415O carb -50 4150 intake -50 plate system -100 OEM production block -100 5.4 base mod motor -150 4.6 base mod motor -150 8.2 deck motor ** NO TUNNEL RAMS OR SHEETMETAL INTAKES** **SINGLE CARB ONLY** **SINGLE KIT ONLY** **-6 LINE MAX BIG BLOCK** BOOSTED 76mm 2950 80mm 3050 82mm (6cyl) 2900 82mm (8cyl) 3100 85mm 3200 88mm (6cyl) 3100 88mm (8cyl) 3300 F1X 3200 *10.5 only* F1A 2950 F1C 3000 F1R 3100 YAI 3000 8-71 ROOTS 3000 **SB BOOSTED NON SVA +100** **NO REDUCERS ALLOWED** **SINGLE POWER ADDER ONLY** N/T CARS WELCOMED
STOCK BLOCK .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds Max tire 275 radial or 28/10.5 no W's Stock OEM production block only
SAFETY SFI -1 jacket, pants, required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan recommended Must have working tail light CHASSIS No full tube chassis Fiberglass limited to trunk, hood, bumpers, and doors. Unless OEM Aftermarket bolt on front clip allowed Front suspension components must mount in factory location. Must have Mufflers (except turbo cars) Must have factory frame rails front to back (notching and mini tub ok) Must have carpet No wheelie bars Ladder bars allowed Aftermarket 4 link allowed WEIGHT 4cyl FWD no min 4cyl AWD/RWD 2350 6cyl RWD 2800 6cyl AWD 3800 SB N/A 2500 SB N/A (aftermarket block) 2800 NOS SB 2700 (SVA head) NOS SB 2800 (15/18*) BB N/A 2700 (Conventional head only) NOS BB 3100 (Conventional head only) SB BOOSTED 3100 ** NO TUNNEL RAMS** **SINGLE CARB ONLY** **SINGLE KIT ONLY** **76mm MAX TURBO V8/I6** **62mm T3 MAX TWIN TURBO V8** **67mm T3 MAX TWIN TURBO GTR** **80mm MAX TRUBO 4cyl** **F1A MAX BLOWER** **SB BOOSTED SVA ONLY** **NO REDUCERS ALLOWED** **-6 LINE MAX SMALL BLOCK*** **-4 LINE MAX BB** **NO BOOSTED BIG BLOCKS** **DUAL POWER ADDERS 4cyl ONLY** N/T CARS WELCOMED
STREET STICK 28x10.5 0r 275 Max Tire Must be H Style Shift Pattern No Clutchless Transmissions.
TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES AT ANYTIME IF ANY COMBINATION HAS AN ADVANTAGE