1. All cars must meet general safety requirements as per the IHRA rule book.
2. All protective clothing required for the ET of your vehicle is mandatory. No one will be allowed on the track without all required protective clothing.
3. Must be 18 years or older unless a minor's release form is signed by both parents and witnessed by track official to compete in any event at Knoxville Dragstrip.
4. All drivers must have a valid state drivers license to compete in any event (except in JR Dragster class 8 - 16 years old).
5. Any driver caught consuming alcoholic beverages or drugs before or during competition, will be disqualified.
6. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises at any time, by anyone.
7. Insurance regulations permit driver only- no passengers.
8. Un-sportsmanlike conduct by driver and/or crew member will be grounds for disqualification.
9. Only one crew member can accompany a car into the burnout area. Must be 14 years or older and have a signed insurance release. 14-17 years old must have a release form signed by both parents and witnessed by track official.
10. No one permitted to touch car during burnout.
11. No burnouts allowed anywhere except in the burnout area.
12. The speed limit is 10 M.P.H. on return road and 10 M.P.H. in the pit area past the ET shack.
13. No refunds on entry fees or admission. May be eligible for brake pass during time trials ONLY. Brake pass will be minus $15 fee.
14. Crossing the centerline and/or dangerous driving, whether on track, return road or pit area, will be grounds for an immediate disqualification.
15. For down track safety reason, the tail light rule is Mandatory - NO Exceptions.
16. Lane choice will be determined by the lane you pull up in. Dash For Cash winners will be decided by closest to the dial in. If there is a tie it will be decided by the best reaction time.
17. The car that has the best reaction time on the last round of time trials will receive the bye-run for the first round of eliminations. Then whoever has the best reaction time after that. If there is a tie it will be decided by closest dial in.
18. Any driver caught changing lanes and/or laying back attempting to change or pick his/her competition will be paired by track officials at time of infraction.
19. All cars must report to staging PROMPTLY when called. It is the drivers' responsibility to listen for the P.A. announcements. Any car not reporting will be considered broke and out of competition.
20. Track allows 15 minute cool down time for each car in competition, until the classes get down to 8 cars, then we will go to round robin.
21. No backing in to stage beam. The last staging motion MUST be forward. Deep Staging Allowed, but not guaranteed. Must be on both passenger side and driver side windows.
22. Any kind of leaking substance from participants vehicle is grounds for disqualification.
23. No excessive braking at the finish line in attempting not to run under dial in.
24. Start burnouts at bleach box. No dragging water excessively from the bleach box.
25. Dial-ins must be CLEAR and LEGIBLE to the tower and maybe changed between rounds.
26. Dial-ins must be displayed by the time the car reaches head of staging lanes.
27. Check your dial-in on the score board BEFORE you stage. Once a car is pre-staged the DRIVER has excepted track conditions and dial-ins (RIGHT OR WRONG). There will not be any re-runs. NOTE: DRIVERS WITH CROSS OVER BOXES MUST CHECK BOTH SCOREBOARDS.
28. All drivers are required to attend drivers meetings.
29. Courtesy staging is in effect for ALL classes. Tree is activated by auto-start.
30. Any car using nitrous oxide must wear fire retardant jackets.
31. No one under 16 years old will be permitted to use motorized vehicles (ATV's) All pit support vehicles must have car # and abide by track rules, speed limit etc...(kids not allowed to ride bicycles in pit area) Any individuals caught breaking these rules will result in the competitor to be disqualified.
32. All drivers must sign for run card (DRIVER ONLY)
33. Time trials will not be allowed during eliminations NO exceptions.
34. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to refuse anyone for any reason at any time.
35. All cars have to have a hood or breather - All Races
36. No Deep Staging in Outlaw Heads Up Races
37. If you buy two tech cards for the same car, there has to be two drivers. One driver can buy two tech cards & drive two different cars.
38. Double entries 1 car two drivers, 2 cars one driver; except as noted at big buck races.
39. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to check any car at any time for any illegal devices as noted in track rules or by IHRA. If any devices are found on car, or determined they have been on the car, it will result in immediate disqualification from the event and car will be subject to inspection before being allowed to compete in future events.
40. If a driver wants to file a protest to have another competitor's vehicle checked for illegal devices a protest will have to be filed with the tower in writing describing what is being protested and a $100 protest fee will have to be paid before car is checked. While car is being checked only track officials, the protester, and the driver/owner of car being protest will be allowed to be present.
41. Break passes will only be given if car has broke before staging for the 2nd time run. Break passes can only be used once per season and will be charged spectator fee when break pass is used.
42. Time Runs and Qualifying will be side by side. If stacked up front to back in lanes staging lane official will instruct you which lane to pull into. This will be done to run events in a more timely manner. Also refusal to pull in to lane as directed by official will result in loss of that run.
43. Summit Super Series Points. 10pts to show up, 10 per round win, 6 bonus points for race win, 3 bonus points for race r/u. We will drop a max of 2 races from your final total, excluding rainouts. (ex. if you race all 15 races your best 13 will count. If you run 13 races out of 15, all 13 would count.)
44. Max dail in in Pro Class is 9.00 per Summit Team Finals rules. 2017 Knoxville Dragstrip Rules
-----2017 HEADS UP RULES-----
HEADS UP GENERAL RULES **Must qualify with class for run to count **Must stage under power for run to count **Must take tree under power on bye run **Bye runs will run at end of class **no deep staging **courtesy staging enforced **must come to lanes when called, when final pair are past head of staging the round is closed **no testing during race **must be 16 with valid driver’s license to operate pit vehicle **5 crew per car allowed on line only when your car is in water box or on the line **no standing in front of or sitting on guard rail ***RACE DIRECTOR HAS FINAL CALL***
INDEX RULES 7.00 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .500 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after 1st rd by reaction time
6.00 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after 1st rd by reaction time
4.70 Door cars only No throttle stops No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after first rd by closest to index
5.70 No MSD 7761 box or slew rate controllers .400 Pro tree Pro ladder Lane choice after 1st rd by reaction time
PRO STREET .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds SAFETY SFI -5 jacket, pants, gloves required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan mandatory Must have working tail light CHASSIS Chassis must be stock wheelbase +/- 1” Must have funny car cage Fiberglass limited to doors, trunk, hood, fenders, bumpers, front end. Unless OEM Aftermarket bolt on front clip allowed Front suspension components must mount in factory location. WEIGHT SB N/A no minimum SB NOS 2200 SB SC 2800 SB TURBO 2800 SB TWIN TURBO 2950 BB N/A no minimum BB NOS 4.84 bs 2650 5.00 bs 2750 5.01+ bs2800
BB SC ROOTS 2900 BB SC CENTRIFUGAL 2950 BB TURBO 2950 BB TWIN TURBO 3150 +100 dual centrifugal supercharger -100 conventional head (nos only) +50 LOCK UP CONVERTER (nos only) -50 single carb (nos only) -50 275 radial tire +50 MT Pro 315 or 29” Pro Drag Radial (3062R) tire **Max tire 315 radial on forced induction** **4.84 bs or smaller nos max tire 33/10.5w** **5.00 bs or bigger nos limited to 315 radial or 29.5/10.5** **NO SCREW BLOWERS** **LOCK UP CONVERTER NOS ONLY** N/T CARS WELCOMED TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES AT ANYTIME IF ANY COMBINATION HAS AN ADVANTAGE
CHEAP STREET .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds Max tire 275 radial or 28/10.5 SAFETY SFI -5 jacket, pants, gloves required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan mandatory Must have working tail light CHASSIS No full tube chassis Funny car cage recommended Fiberglass limited to doors, trunk, hood, fenders, bumpers. Unless OEM Aftermarket bolt on front clip allowed Front suspension components must mount in factory location. Must have Mufflers (except turbo cars) Must have factory frame rails front to back (notching and mini tub ok) No wheelie bars Forward facing scoop allowed Ladder bars allowed Aftermarket 4 link allowed +50lbs WEIGHT NITROUS SB 3000 SB 15/18 2900 SB 20/23 RR 2850 SB 20/23 SVA 2800 BB 3150 *conventional head only* N/A SB 2600 BB 2800 -50 415O carb -50 4150 intake -50 plate system -100 5.4 base mod motor -150 4.6 base mod motor -150 8.2 deck motor ** NO TUNNEL RAMS OR SHEETMETAL INTAKES** **SINGLE CARB ONLY** **SINGLE KIT ONLY** **-6 LINE MAX BIG BLOCK** BOOSTED 76mm 2950 80mm 3050 82mm (6cyl) 2900 F1X 3350 F1A 2950 F1C 3000 YSI 3000 8-71 ROOTS 3000 **SB BOOSTED SVA ONLY** **NO REDUCERS ALLOWED** **SINGLE POWER ADDER ONLY** TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES AT ANYTIME IF ANY COMBINATION HAS AN ADVANTAGE
STREET BANDIT .400 Pro Tree Qualified Pro Ladder Must weigh after qualifying passes and winning elimination rounds Max tire 275 radial or 28/10.5 Stock OEM production block only
SAFETY SFI -1 jacket, pants, required Engine diaper or IHRA approved belly pan mandatory Must have working tail light CHASSIS No full tube chassis Fiberglass limited to trunk, hood, bumpers, and doors. Unless OEM Aftermarket bolt on front clip allowed Front suspension components must mount in factory location. Must have Mufflers (except turbo cars) Must have factory frame rails front to back (notching and mini tub ok) Must have carpet No wheelie bars Ladder bars allowed WEIGHT 4cyl 2500 6cyl 2700 SB N/A 2500 SB N/A (aftermarket block) 2800 NOS SB 2900 (SVA head) NOS SB 3000 (15/18*) BB N/A 2700 (Conventional head only) NOS BB 3200 (Conventional head only) SB BOOSTED 3100 ** NO TUNNEL RAMS** **SINGLE CARB ONLY** **SINGLE KIT ONLY** **76mm MAX TURBO** **SB BOOSTED SVA ONLY** **NO REDUCERS ALLOWED** **-6 LINE MAX SMALL BLOCK*** **-4 LINE MAX BB** **SINGLE POWER ADDER ONLY** This class will have a 5.25 cap Weight will be added to actual weight of car. 10lbs per hundredth of second under cap. Weight will reset at end of each race.
STREET STICK 28x10.5 0r 275 Max Tire Must be H Style Shift Pattern No Clutchless Transmissions.
TRACK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE CHANGES AT ANYTIME IF ANY COMBINATION HAS AN ADVANTAGE