1. All cars must meet general safety requirements as per the IHRA rule book.
2. All protective clothing required for the ET of your vehicle is mandatory. No one will be allowed on the track without all required protective clothing.
3. Must be 18 years or older unless a minor's release form is signed by both parents and witnessed by track official to compete in any event at Knoxville Dragstrip.
4. All drivers must have a valid state drivers license to compete in any event (except in JR Dragster class 8 - 16 years old).
5. Any driver caught consuming alcoholic beverages or drugs before or during competition, will be disqualified.
6. No alcoholic beverages or drugs are allowed on the premises at any time, by anyone.
7. Insurance regulations permit driver only- no passengers.
8. Un-sportsmanlike conduct by driver and/or crew member will be grounds for disqualification.
9. Only one crew member can accompany a car into the burnout area. Must be 14 years or older and have a signed insurance release. 14-17 years old must have a release form signed by both parents and witnessed by track official.
10. No one permitted to touch car during burnout.
11. No burnouts allowed anywhere except in the burnout area.
12. The speed limit is 10 M.P.H. on return road and 10 M.P.H. in the pit area past the ET shack.
13. No refunds on entry fees or admission. May be eligible for brake pass during time trials ONLY. Brake pass will be minus $15 fee.
14. Crossing the centerline and/or dangerous driving, whether on track, return road or pit area, will be grounds for an immediate disqualification.
15. For down track safety reason, the tail light rule is Mandatory - NO Exceptions.
16. Lane choice will be determined by the lane you pull up in. Dash For Cash winners will be decided by closest to the dial in. If there is a tie it will be decided by the best reaction time.
17. The car that has the best reaction time on the last round of time trials will receive the bye-run for the first round of eliminations. Then whoever has the best reaction time after that. If there is a tie it will be decided by closest dial in.
18. Any driver caught changing lanes and/or laying back attempting to change or pick his/her competition will be paired by track officials at time of infraction. 18b. No switching lanes in staging lanes once you cross the yellow line at the back of staging unless track official directs driver to do so.
19. All cars must report to staging PROMPTLY when called. It is the drivers' responsibility to listen for the P.A. announcements. Any car not reporting will be considered broke and out of competition.
20. Track allows 15 minute cool down time for each car in competition, until the classes get down to 8 cars, then we will go to round robin.
21. No backing in to stage beam. The last staging motion MUST be forward. Deep Staging Allowed, but not guaranteed. Must be on both passenger side and driver side windows.
22. Any kind of leaking substance from participants vehicle is grounds for disqualification.
23. No excessive braking at the finish line in attempting not to run under dial in. First offense will be a warning with second offense leading to disqualification. If car touches centerline or boundary wall before or after finish line due to excessive braking in attempt not to run under dial-in during eliminations car will be automatically disqualified and opponent put back into eliminations.
24. Start burnouts at bleach box. No dragging water excessively from the bleach box.
25. Dial-ins must be CLEAR and LEGIBLE to the tower and maybe changed between rounds.
26. Dial-ins must be displayed by the time the car reaches head of staging lanes.
27. Check your dial-in on the score board BEFORE you stage. Once a car is pre-staged the DRIVER has excepted track conditions and dial-ins (RIGHT OR WRONG). There will not be any re-runs. NOTE: DRIVERS WITH CROSS OVER BOXES MUST CHECK BOTH SCOREBOARDS.
28. All drivers are required to attend drivers meetings.
29. Courtesy staging is in effect for ALL classes. Tree is activated by auto-start.
30. Any car using nitrous oxide must wear fire retardant jackets.
31. No one under 16 years old will be permitted to use motorized vehicles (ATV's) All pit support vehicles must have car # and abide by track rules, speed limit etc...(kids not allowed to ride bicycles in pit area) Any individuals caught breaking these rules will result in the competitor to be disqualified.
32. All drivers must sign for run card (DRIVER ONLY)
33. Time trials will not be allowed during eliminations NO exceptions.
34. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to refuse anyone for any reason at any time.
35. All cars have to have a hood or breather - All Races
36. No Deep Staging in Outlaw Heads Up Races
37. If you buy two tech cards for the same car, there has to be two drivers. One driver can buy two tech cards & drive two different cars.
38. Double entries 1 car two drivers, 2 cars one driver; except as noted at big buck races.
39. Knoxville Dragstrip reserves the right to check any car at any time for any illegal devices as noted in track rules or by IHRA. If any devices are found on car, or determined they have been on the car, it will result in immediate disqualification from the event and car will be subject to inspection before being allowed to compete in future events. 39b. Delay box must be REMOVED from car if running in No Box. If delay box is found in car while running during No Box class it will be grounds for immediate disqualification from event.
40. If a driver wants to file a protest to have another competitor's vehicle checked for illegal devices a protest will have to be filed with the tower in writing describing what is being protested and a $100 protest fee will have to be paid before car is checked. While car is being checked only track officials, the protester, and the driver/owner of car being protest will be allowed to be present.
41. Break passes will only be given if car has broke before staging for the 2nd time run. Break passes can only be used once per season and will be charged spectator fee when break pass is used.
42. Time Runs and Qualifying will be side by side. If stacked up front to back in lanes staging lane official will instruct you which lane to pull into. This will be done to run events in a more timely manner. Also refusal to pull in to lane as directed by official will result in loss of that run.
43. Summit Super Series Points. 10pts to show up, 10 per round win, 6 bonus points for race win, 3 bonus points for race r/u. We will drop a max of 2 races from your final total, excluding rainouts. (ex. if you race all 13 races your best 11 will count. If you run 11 races out of 13, all 11 would count.)
44. Max dail in in Super Pro Class is 9.00 per Summit Team Finals rules.
45. Driver can only join Summit Super Series ONCE per class.
46. Drivers MUST provide track with address and valid SSN to receive payout. NO EXCEPTIONS.
47. If race vehicle leaks antifreeze on track surface it will be grounds for IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION for the remainder of event and forfeiture of any prize money/points for that event.
48. If you are disqualified from a Bracket Points Race for any reason, you will be unable to drop that event and will received "0" (zero) points for that event.